Job Purpose: Supports animal care by determining animal requirements; assisting during examinations; feeding and caring for animals; maintaining supplies and equipment.
Duties: * Determines animal requirements by reviewing care plans and records.
* Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments; securing and bringing animals to examination room; restraining animals; providing assistance as directed; explaining animal's status to customer.
* Maintains animals by feeding and watering animals; cleaning animals' rooms, cages, and equipment; changing cages; administering medications; collecting samples.
* Maintains safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by sanitizing and disinfecting holding and support areas; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Maintains animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating database.
* Maintains equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Knowledge of Animal Behavior, Animal Husbandry, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Management, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Action Oriented, Multi-tasking, Energy Level, Patience, Lifting
About Obetz Animal Hospital
Obetz Animal Hospital in Columbus, OH is a full service companion animal hospital. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet, and we are dedicated to becoming your partner in your pet's health care. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages; and complete medical and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime.