Blairsville Animal Hospital is located in Blairsville, GA in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. If you love the mountains, hiking, and outdoor activities this is the place for you! At Blairsville Animal Hospital, it is our mission to provide high-quality health care and wellness services to help pets live a long, happy, and healthy life with their family. We offer services including routine/sick medical care, emergency care, prophylactic/advanced dental care, and general surgery including some orthopedics. With our network of 250+ hospitals, you will have the chance to learn and interact with other veterinarians and participate in mentorship and growth opportunities. If you are a passionate and caring team member, please apply today!
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Georgia
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
SVP rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Continuing Education allowance
Professional Liability Coverage
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k)
Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
Short Term Disability
Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays)
Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
Discounted Veterinary Care
EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!